Sew a Slice of Summer In this series, students will make a skirt, a zip pouch, and a drawstring bag all in a fun fruit theme.
PREREQUISITE: Students must have taken Intro to Sewing for Kids or have basic sewing experience to be able to sew independently on a sewing machine.
- SUMMER 2016
July 25, 26, 27, 28 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
9:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
Class Duration: 4-day series, each class is 2.5 hours
Age Group: For kids ages 8 and older
Skill Level: beginner and beyond
- $140.00, class fee
- $30.00, materials kit fee* (OPTIONAL)
- See requirements below
- MATERIALS KIT OPTIONAL: You may purchase a Materials Kit! Just add it to the class registration as you select the options from the drop-down menu below.
Class Location: Sew You Studio, 3795 Grove St, Denver 80211
Fabric Requirements for Sew a Slice of Summer:
- ZIP POUCH
- 1/3 yard of canvas fabric in natural color
- 14" zipper (All-purpose)
- FRUITY SKIRT First, decide on the fruit you want the skirt to look like (watermelon, orange, lemo, strawberry) and then purchase fabric that corresponds with your choice:
- 1/2 yard of cotton fabric for the fruit color (pink, orange, yellow, red)
- 1/4 yard of white cotton fabric (not necessary for a strawberry skirt)
- 1/3 yd for the "rind" (green for watermelon, light orange for orange, dark yellow for lemon, green for strawberry)
- 3/4″ elastic for the waistban
- PINEAPPLE BAG
- 1/3 yard of green fabric for the leaves
- 1/2 yard of yellow cotton fabric for the exterior of the bag (solid colored fabric or fabric with a simple print will work)
- 1/2 yard of cotton fabric for lining (suggested colors are yellow, white, or green)
- 4 yards of Wrights extra-wide double fold bias tape in green