In the Handbags workshop, students will learn how to make a drawstring backpack and a matching zipper pouch.
PREREQUISITE: Students must have taken Intro to Sewing for Kids or have basic sewing experience to be able to sew independently on a sewing machine.
- August 3, 4, 5 from 12:30pm - 3:00pm
Class Duration: 3-day workshop, each class is 2.5 hours
Age Group: For boys and girls ages 8 and older
Skill Level: beginner and beyond
- $99.00, materials not included
- $110.00 workshop series with materials kit
Fabric Requirements: Upon receiving your registration, we will send fabric requirements. Project kits are available for purchase as an add-on to this workshop. Solid colors or simple print designs will be offered.
SKILLS FOCUS - students will practice and learn the basics of
- how to measure and cut accurately
- how to use interfacing
- how to make and insert ties, straps, and a flap
- how to make a casing and insert drawstrings
- how to add a base to the backpack