SEW FUN Club is all about creative sewing! Students will have a variety of quick and simple projects to choose from, appropriate for their skill level. Hand sewing may be used/learned as part of our fun club.
PREREQUISITE: It is highly encouraged that students take the Intro to Sewing for Kids class or have basic sewing experience to be able to sew independently on a sewing machine. If needed, we can take time in Sew Fun Club to teach the basics.
FALL 2015 - Class Dates/Time:
- WEDNESDAYS, 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Session 1: September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Session 2: October 14, 21, 28, November 4, 18
- If space is available, drop-ins are welcome. Please specify date in the notes section at registration or contact Claudia.
Class Duration: 5 workshops per session, each class is 1.5 hours long
Age Group: For boys and girls ages 8 and older
Skill Level: Beginner and beyond
- $140.00, includes materials* (Sign up for both sessions and get one free class!)
- $30.00, Drop-in Fee for one class (includes materials)
Class Location: Sew You Studio, 3795 Grove St, Denver 80211
*Fabric Requirements: Fabric is provided. Repurposing is always lots of fun and we encourage students to bring unwanted/unused clothes and fabric to class to be creatively transformed.
SKILLS FOCUS - students will practice and learn the basics of sewing by choosing from the following themes:
- sewing kit (tools and organizers)
- upcycle, repurpose
- designing fabric (stamping, dying, stencils, etc.)